With the introduction of GoldMine Premium Edition, FrontRange Solutions gave us a more powerful, easier-to-use tool for finding our data. Whereas we used to only be able to search records using about 12 indexed fields, we can now search on ANY field in our database. However, this drop-down list can get rather long if we have many user-defined fields. For some customers, many of those fields do not need to be available from the pull-down menu list. Starting in PE 9.0.0, we can now reduce the list to only show items we want available. Here’s how to do so.
- Open the Contact Search Center window.
- Click on the Options button near the top of that window.
- Click the More Options… button near the bottom of the dialog box.
In the More Options screen you can now select or deselect any of your fields from the lookup list.
4. Once you are done, click on OK and your list should now be reduced.
Note 1: This selection is user specific and other users will need to follow the same steps to adjust their list.
Note 2: Removing the item from the list will not prevent you from being able to double-click the field and search so don’t worry about locking it down too much.
That’s all there is to it.
Enjoy and Happy GoldMining!!
WHAT’S ENHANCED IN GOLDMINE PREMIUM EDITION 9.0.2
Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 is now supported.
Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 SP1 is now supported.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 is now supported.
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP4 is now supported.
Windows Internet Explorer 9 (IE 9) is now supported. Note: When using IE 9, Word documents currently cannot be previewed inside GoldMine if there is another Word document open in your operating system.
There is a new option to control the preview of document templates within the Document Management Center. Disabling the preview may increase application performance while working with templates and improve reliability when merging documents. To use this option, check or uncheck “Show preview for documents” in the lower right pane in the Document Management Center.
Updates to user records can now be synchronized between sites, using a new option in the GoldSync Site Group Member Wizard. To synchronize user records, expand the Customizations node on the Send Options screen by clicking the “+” sign, and then check the box for Users.
WHAT’S FIXED IN GOLDMINE PREMIUM EDITION 9.0.2
- Sync process stalls at gathering completions/deletions for CALDEF and eventually fails
- Unlinked recurring activities for another user will sync to Outlook when syncing only My Calendar using filter or group
- Accented characters cause wrong contact to be returned from search of GoldMine Address Book in Outlook
- Activity created in Outlook, recurring on a particular day of every month, creates large number of calendar items when synchronized to GoldMine
- GoldMine crashes when using the scroll bar while composing an e-mail message with IE 9 installed
- E-mail message is sent to wrong address if recipient’s address is added as new address via the select e-mail window and several e-mail addresses for the contact are available
- Outlook e-mail messages are not linked to GoldMine when NOCOUNT setting is applied in SQL Server
- Undocked user cannot access the One-Button Sync tab to import a One-Button Sync Profile sent through Outlook, if there is no existing One-Button Sync Profile for the user
- E-mails retrieved at remote location are not shown in E-mail Center at server when using year/month folder structure in synchronizing across time zones
- Wrong Opportunity opened for editing in Opportunity Manager when column filter is active
- Error message appears when merging a Word template in the Document Management Center after launching Word followed by Excel
- Error in building transfer set for database with name ending in letter C
- On Windows 7, an attachment will be linked incorrectly after attempting to move it, and then canceling after receiving notification that the file already exists on the destination
- The ‘Create Forecasted Sale’ button in Opportunity Properties is grayed out
- Linking HTML e-mails from Outlook corrupts certain characters when the e-mail uses Western European encoding
- Assigning a report to an Automated process Print Report event does not save the correct report
- Outlook Add-in shows as ‘disabled’ and cannot be enabled
- Custom toolbar item to Merge Tagged Records improperly merges records if toolbar button is clicked while no records are tagged
- Case number is not listed on e-mail notifications when reassigning a case
- E-mails using UTF-8 subject lines are corrupted
- Resolving a case will replace the name of the linked contact with the contact displayed on the contact tab
- Single user-defined field is not being imported during WebImport
- WebImport unable to populate user-defined fields when NewRecord section of lookup.ini updates a user-defined field
- Time Stamp Format setting is not saved to service center mask customizations
- E-mail message manually linked from Sent folder in Outlook is displayed as an inbound message on the History tab
- On a server OS, dashboard checkboxes and radio buttons are not displayed
- When using a database that does not include a LEADDIST, LEADFILE, or SYNCLOCK table, clicking the “Read GoldMine Settings” button in Outlook produces an incorrect error message.
- The “Enable Outlook Sync” option under Tools > Users Settings > Properties > Outlook does not synchronize from the server to undocked machines
- Multi-contact activity is deleted for all contacts when attempting to delete a contact-specific instance from the calendar
- When editing an AP event that prints an envelope template, the template selection is corrupted (reset to the first item in the list)
- Relationship tab does not refresh properly when expanding a section
- New detail record includes copied CONTSUPP header data for column position from an extended detail
- Zip code reverts back to original selection after selecting another city or reverts to the first city
- If a field is accidently duplicated in a System View, it cannot be removed
- When using IMAP, e-mail sent via mobile device links from Sent folder in Outlook to contact record with sender’s e-mail address
- Cursor focus goes to the subject line instead of the e-mail body when replying or forwarding
- Tab order positions are not being respected when creating new GoldMine contacts, skipping ZIP
- Daily DayTimer Summary report only shows times with activities scheduled
- Contact information in the history record is for the customer viewed in the Contacts tab
- Sort works inconsistently in Task area of Activity List
- Print Pages action in e-mail reading window does not provide option to print selected text within message
- When exporting contacts from a large database using a filter based on Contact2 fields, there is a long delay between the Select Filter/Group screen and the Field Mappings screen
- Customized labels are not shown in project window
- Case History tab shows no data after upgrading from version 8.0 with customized case tabs
- Wrong activities displayed after activating rollup on Relationship tab, selecting History or Pending tab, and clicking column header to sort results
- Private Activities are not visible for other users in Calendar
- Completing an activity for a selected contact will cause active contact to refresh to the contact on calendar when Calendar is in Outline view with an activity scheduled for current date selected and Sync Contact enabled
- “Pop-up when selected” option causes F2 lookup screen to be intrusive in the contact search center when clicking on different tabs and clicking back to CSC
- When scrolling between cases, the notes from the last case are displayed
- Time column does not sort properly when used for priority
Want to see the Previous Release Notes:
Introducing GMPE 9.0.1
Introducing GMPE 9.0
Hope you find this of value!
Enjoy and Happy GoldMining!!
The Links Tab is a great place to keep shortcuts to Word documents, Excel Spreadsheets, PDFs, and other contact related documents. But what about getting to a particular folder? In our office, we maintain individual network folders for each client. If we want to be able to open that folder from the GoldMine record, there is a little trick to help pull that off.
- Click on the Links tab for the record you want the folder shortcut to appear in.
- Right-click in a blank area and select New… The Linked Document window will appear.
- Click on the browse button to search the network for the folder you want to be able to open.
- Select one of the files inside the folder you want to be able to open. That file will now appear in the File Name section of your Linked Document dialog box.
- Manually remove the file name, leaving only the path and folder with the trailing backslash.
- Add a Document Name indicating what this folder is.
- Click OK, and you should now be able to open the folder from this contacts Links tab.
That’s all there is to it. Happy GoldMining!