Though released in mid October, 180° Solutions is now ready to endorse GoldMine Premium Edition 9.0.3. However, this release is not for everyone. If you are implementing GoldMine Mobile 9, or see something on the list below that applies to you, please contact us or GoldMine Technical Support to make special arrangements to upgrade to this particular build.
WHAT’S FIXED IN GOLDMINE PREMIUM EDITION 9.0.3
- Performance issues moving from one message to another in Outlook when connected to GoldMine
- Service Center displays all records in the database if no filter is applied by the user (does not respect limits on System Settings > Display)
- GoldMine stops responding while e-mail messages are being queued
- Slow response when handling e-mails for a contact with a large number of opportunities
- Sorting on Age and Actual End columns (Projects) sorts as character values and not on their numerical or date values
Want to see the Previous Release Notes:
GoldMine Release Notes
Hope you find this of value!
Enjoy and Happy GoldMining!!
One of the new, long-awaited enhancements to GoldMine Premium Edition 9 is the ability for an administrator to implement more stringent password policies. Now, a GoldMine Administrator can implement minimum password lengths, lock the account after several failed login attempts, and limit password repetition.
The following menu actions are only accessible by users with MASTER rights:
1. Click on Tools | Configure | System Settings.
2. Click on the Password Policy tab.
Here you can set all of the options previously listed. Note, this is a Global setting and will affect ALL users.
There is one more setting to show you which is login specific, and that is “how long” someone can use their password before it expires. This setting can be set differently for each user.
5. Click on Tools | Users’ Settings…
6. Double-click the specific user account you wish to change.
Here’s where you can set the number of days a user can use the same password and the date they will be due to change it.
One final note… here’s where you go to “Unblock” an account when someone mistypes their password too many times and locks their account.
That’s all there is to it!
Enjoy and Happy GoldMining!