We last touched on GoldMine’s Inbox display limits a few years back. Here is a link to the article which might be helpful to review.
In that post, we explained that when a user has more than 2,500 e-mails in their inbox, GoldMine will still download messages into the inbox but will not display them all. Limiting queries to a fixed number of rows to return, keeps applications from getting sluggish when the list is too large. Until recently, the previous article was enough. Users would simply be encouraged to pare down their inbox count. Though we would still highly encourage that as the best solution, a few users have expressed the need to show more, even if only temporarily.
To modify the number of e-mails that GoldMine will show in any given folder requires changing the USERNAME.ini for that user. Here’s how:
- Log the specific user out of GoldMine
- Open their USERNAME.ini, found in the root of the GoldMine folder on the server (e.g. \\SERVER\GoldMine\Albert.ini)
- Search for the section called [GM_Mail_Center]
- Add or change the MailListCapacity entry
- Save and exit
- Allow the user to log back into GoldMine
Your entry may look something like this:
That’s all there is to it!
Enjoy and Happy GoldMining!!